West Calder, West Lothian, EH55 8LP
Tel: 01501 785 205 Fax: 01501 785 308
Crosswoodhill Farm Holiday Cottages:
Terms of Let
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. If any of our Terms of Let are not clear to you, please ask for clarification on specific points.
1. To limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the owner.
2. To accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing. Also that any deviations/ relaxations to the normal payment or cancellation terms detailed below, and agreed in writing or email between the owner and an individual, form a binding contract.
3. With the Wing of Crosswoodhill, Steading Cottage and Orlege End : To pay 50% deposit on booking, with the balance payable 5 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 5 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rent at the time of booking, having first checked that the property of your choice can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or allow the owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (35 days prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking.
With Craigengar: Variations in the timings of payments may be individually agreed in writing or by email between owner and hirer. However, unless otherwise agreed by both parties prior to or at the time of booking, a minimum of £200 immediate non-returnable deposit is required to secure the booking. This relaxation of the usual 50% deposit “rule” at the time of booking is to offer time to the named individual completing the booking form to collect in more monies from the remaining party members. However the remainder of the 50% initial deposit must be paid within 14 days maximum from the time of booking unless special dispensation has been given in writing by the owner for a booking many months away, either for instalments or for the full 50% deposit to be paid later than this 14 day period. Failure to pay the balance of moneys timeously involves a risk that an overdue payment may result in their booking being cancelled by the owners of the property. In all cases the 50% balance should be fully paid 8 weeks’ prior to start of the let at Craigengar.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due: 50% up to 5 weeks’ prior to the arrival date, 100% after that ( or 50% up to 8 weeks and 100% after that in the case of Craigengar.) If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £50 per week for the smaller properties will be made. In the case of Craigengar the administration fee is £100 but this will be waived as the non-refundable £100 cancellation fee will be retained. If a new booking for the property is secured at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance. If you are not covered by other policies you may like to contact these insurers direct on this link http://www.travelplandirectinsurance.com/
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
6. To accept that although guests are usually welcome to explore the farm and watch farm activities, there may be times (mainly for reasons of animal or human welfare) when access to farm sheds/farmland/surrounding hills may need to be restricted or even prohibited. Providing that the accommodation itself is still available, no rental rebates would be given in such circumstances.
7. To keep any pets, where allowed, under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house-trained, are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation, unless specifically agreed with the property owners and must not be exercised on our sheep farm. (Forestry Commission area, 1 mile away, is ideal for this purpose). Animal hairs to be removed from carpets and dogs are not allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared.
8. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
9. To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, unreasonable behaviour or disrupting the running of the farm may result in the owners’ asking guests to leave.
10. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
11. To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping.
12. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising any fire risk.
13. To settle any fuel/electricity and telephone charges, ( fuel and electricity charges mainly apply to the smaller cottages ) and to reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owner’s discretionary £25 charge for extra cleaning if the property has been left in an untidy mess. In the case of the much larger property Craigengar, this discretionary charge could rise to £75 dependent on the degree of extra cleaning required.
14. To accept that, mainly in the case of Craigengar, our larger property, a good housekeeping deposit of up to £500 cash may be requested, to be handed to the owner on arrival and returnable on, or shortly after, departure, provided there has been no apparent significant damage or breakages when appropriate deductions may be made. Damage or losses subsequently discovered will be notified in writing and an agreement reached if compensation is necessary.
15. To accept that occasional lapses in services may unfortunately occur, such as electricity power cuts, phone problems or interruptions to broadband / wi-fi connection. Although we recognise and apologise for the temporary inconvenience to our guests, as no compensation is generally paid by the original service provider, we in turn are usually unable to compensate guests on such occasions.
16. To vacate the property by 10.00 hrs. latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £10, or more, depending on the degree of inconvenience to owners/incoming guests. Guest arrival time is from 16.00 hrs. onwards unless an earlier time has been agreed in advance.